Forespar Sta-Plug Emergency Plug
Sta-Plug Emergency Plug
Sta-Plug™ is Forespar’s new form fitting emergency plug. A soft cone shaped design allows it to easily fill the irregular shapes of hull impact breaches, as well as any round hole leak from a hose or through-hull. Unique edge gripping riblets help hold the plug in a hole, keeping water out. The riblets help Sta-Plug™ conform to the shape of the hole, sealing a leak near the edge where a tight fit is crucial, and holding the plug more securely in place. Different by design, Sta-Plug’s™ shape includes a series of concentrically larger riblets stepped along the length of the cone. These riblets offer two big advantages over traditional straight edged emergency plugs:
- They help Sta-Plug™ conform to the hole near the edge where a tight fit is most crucial
- They help hold it more securely in place
- Twist and compress by hand to insert into hole
- Expands after insertion to hold in place
Intended for temporary emergency use with continuous monitoring only, it gives the skipper greater peace-of-mind to allow them to focus on getting the boat to safety.
Made from high density foam, Sta-Plug™ will remain soft and ready to go for years and will not mold or swell up like conventional wood plugs.
- Can be cut with a knife to use in irregular shaped holes, or torn by hand near the riblets to make smaller diameter plugs for smaller holes
- Tearing at the 8th riblet creates a plug with a 2” diameter base
- Made from high density foam that is not susceptible to mold or swelling
- Bright orange color allows it to be quickly located in an emergency
- Dimensions: 9” High x 5” Diameter at base
- Made right here in the USA
- Not for Fuel Leaks